Hockey is Back!
We thank you for your patience during these uncertain times, and together we can make a safe return to the sport we all love and missed.
The schedule has been posted and we will continue with the Winter 2020 Session on July 6th, 2020
A list of guidelines is below in the effort of keeping everyone SAFE as we return to hockey. The rinks have all opened as of June 17th, and their “soft” openings have been a success for clinics/camps for youth players.
Most Importantly, if you feel under the weather, please stay home. Your health is the most important thing above all else.
- Players will be allowed entry to the building 30 minutes prior to their ice rental time and will be required to exit 20 minutes after their rental to allow for adequate time for sanitizing facilities
- Players will be encouraged to arrive (partially) dressed to access the ice and to minimize the use of the locker rooms
- Locker rooms have been marked with social distancing. Max 13 players per locker room, we can utilize other locker rooms as needed when teams have more than 13 players
- Upon arrival, players shall enter the locker room and stay in the room until ice is ready
- Limit close player contact as possible
- Avoid crowding on benches
- Spectators are asked to not attend during initial phase of play, (through August)
- Food Services will be closed
- Face masks are required in lobby area and in spectator area of the arenas (not required on ice)
- Social distancing by spectators is required
- No showering
- All locker room and bathroom locker doors must remain propped open
- NO SHARING OF WATER BOTTLES
- Temporary break from handshake lines, (through August)
- All players are asked to take extra steps to sanitize and clean equipment after each game
- Full shield face masks are encouraged and recommended
- If showing any symptoms, please STAY HOME and notify captain and league management immediately
- Use common sense in all situations, and report any potential concerns directly to league or rink management as needed
- Timekeepers will wear face masks when interacting with players and rink staff
Rink Facility guidelines and sanitary standards can be found by visiting each individual rink website:
The Session will be a continuation of the Winter Session 2020 as stated above. We will be crowning Tier Champions in each division at the end of August 2020.
In addition, CHL will be running a “Summer League” concurrently, as we finish the Winter session. If you are interested in joining this 6 week session, (flyer attached), please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commissioner, Connecticut Hockey League